Holiday Quickies: Hanukkah Card
Finished card size: 4” x 4”
All stamps from Hanukkah Set (Kitchen Sink Stamps)
All inks (Ranger)
---Jenni Bowlin - Soap Powder
---Adirondack – Sailboat Blue, Denim, Lemonade, Sunshine Yellow, Butterscotch, Mussel (an old black color)
---Distress – Wild Honey
White card stock (Georgia Pacific)
Light blue linen (Quikcuts)
3D glue dot
- If you have never used Kitchen Sink Stamps you might want to check them out. They are multi-layer stamps that you begin by stamping with the lightest color and continue to the darkest. The stamps are numbered so you know which order to stamp them. Be careful to put them back on the storage sheet in the right place.
- On white card stock stamp the dreidel image layers beginning with Soap Powder and progressing through Sailboat Blue, Denim, and for want of a darker blue I used Mussel instead. (any black would do).
- Continue to create the layers for the star and the coins with the following sequence of colors: Lemonade, Sunshine Yellow, Butterscotch and Wild Honey.
Yes I forgot to photo one step.
- I also misaligned the final layer on the coins as you may notice in the photo, but because I was planning to trim them anyway it didn’t matter much. The person receiving this card will not notice.
- Now cut out the images and arrange them on the card. I used the one 3D glue dot to lift the dreidel a little above the coins.
- Stamp Happy Hanukkah on the front in Mussel.
- Stamp a sentiment on the inside. I arranged the words from the set to read “Wishing you every happiness and a year filled with many blessings” which are included in the set.
- Have a wonderful holiday season