Holiday Quickies: Christmas Leather Ornament
Finished Project Size: 3.25" diameter
Poinsettia stamp (Magenta)
Noir Black Palette Hybrid Ink Pad (The Angel Company)
3.25 Round Leather Coaster (Boy Scout Shop or ScoutStuff.org)
Mark-It Permanent Markers (Bic)
Diamond Glaze (Juki-Kins)
Gold BeaDazzles (Judi-Kins)
Star Dust Stickles (Ranger)
2 Large Gold Eylets
Crop-a-Dile (We R Memory Keepers)
18 Kt. Gold Leafing Pen (Krylon)
8" Red Ribbon (stash)
Black Fine Line Sharpie Marker
- Ink rubber stamp and leave face up.
- Put the leather round on top of stamp where you want it and press down on leather.
- Color with Bic Mark-Its. Although there is a limited color range with these markers I still found a dark red, red and pink to color the poinsettia, two greens for the leaves and a dark and light yellow to outline the image.
- Cut out a circle out of the gold paper the same size as the round and glue it to the back of the round. If any edges are sticking out past the leather round trim even with it.
- Punch two holes at the top of the round with the crop-a-dile and set the eyelets with the same tool. As the leather is thick you can't use a regular hole punch to make the holes.
- Edge the round with the gold leafing pen.
- Put Diamond glaze in the center of the poinsettias and apply the gold beads.
- Add some stickles to the poinsettia flowers.
- Let dry.
- Tie the ribbon in the eyelets and trim if necessary.
- Sign your work. I signed mine on the front with the year. It is nice to remember how old the ornament is in years to come.
- Hang on your tree and enjoy.