December 2011 Trail Map: Lisa’s View
Snow Much Fun
Finished Card Size: 5" x 5.5"
Snow Much Fun; Snowman, bird & snowball, & sentiment (Stampin' Up!)
White Cardstock (Georgia-Pacific)
Torn decorative paper (Artists Stash)
Blue and Green solid cardstock (Artists Stash)
Journal Tag (K & Company)
Additional decorative sentiments (CTMH)
Basic Black Marker (Stampin' Up!)
Copic Markers (Too)
Paper Cutter (Fiskar)
Swirls Embossing Folder (Provo Craft)
Embossing Machine (BigShot)
Oval Cropper (Shaping Memories)
Foam Snowflakes (Christmas House)
Half Pearls (Christmas House)
Yarn (Sugar & Cream Twist; Lily)
Star Dust Stickles (Ranger)
Black Diamond Stickles (Ranger)
Foam Dots; thin and thick (Oriental Trading)
The Tearing Edge (Stampin' Up!)
- Prepare your card by cutting one piece of white cardstock to 5" x 11" and scoring at 5.5."
- Place the card inside the Swirls embossing folder and run through the BigShot.
- Take decorative paper and using the Tearing Edge, tear two (2) strips of paper that measure .25" x 5."
- Cut one (1) strip of solid cardstock to measure .5" x 5" as well.
- With the Oval Cropper, cut out two (2) ovals on the number 3 setting; one with the green cardstock and the other with the blue cardstock. The third oval should be cut out using the number 2 setting with the basic white cardstock.
- Begin constructing the card by adhering the journal tag to the center top of the embossed portion of the card. Then adhere the decorative paper strips as well as the solid cardstock strip at the bottom of the card.
- With the basic black marker, ink up the snowman stamp and stamp onto the white cardstock oval, then re-ink just the head of the snowman and stamp onto white cardstock as well. Cut out the hat and scarf on this image and set aside for later. Using the marker again, ink up the bird on a snowball stamp and stamp next to the snowman.
- Now ink up the sentiment "Hope your Christmas is snow much fun" stamp and stamp onto the journal tag as seen in the picture.
- After your ink has dried on the stamped images, begin coloring with the Copics. Details of colors are as follows: Snowman and Bird on snowball - B41, B00 and BG10. Followed up with W3 and W1 for a more vintage watercolor look. The snow is colored in B41, B00 and BG10. The snowman's nose is in R24.
- Once you've finished coloring, mount the white oval onto the blue oval and adhere. Place thin foam dots onto the blue oval and then adhere this onto the green oval but raised just a bit as seen in the photo. Attach thick foam dots to the back of the green oval and place onto the journal tag directly below the sentiment and centered.
- Take three (3) foam snowflakes and apply adhesive to the backsides of them. Slide a portion of the snowflake under the blue oval and resting on the green oval.
- Using the Christmas sentiment paper, cut out two (2) word sentiments, adhere them to blue cardstock and then with thick foam dots, place one at the top center of card and one accordingly to the sketch description.
- Place four (4) half pearls onto the card in designated spots as seen in the photo.
- Last step is to finalize the snowman by decorating the hat and scarf. Take the pieces that you set aside and apply adhesive to the front of both of them. Taking a strand of yarn approximately 12" long, begin to wrap the hat until covered. Some strands will wrap around and some strands will run horizontally. Now repeat this process with the scarf section and leave ends of yarn to hang out like fray on a real scarf. Apply adhesive to the stamped portions of the snowman's hat and scarf and then place the yarn pieces on top to complete his look.
- Using the Star Dust stickles, add sparkle to the brim of the hat and the ball of the hat. With the Black Diamond stickles, apply to his buttons and then allow them time to dry.
I hope you're enjoying all the inspiration that Stamper's Quest has to offer and I thank you so much for stopping in and taking the time to read this.
Happy stamping and crafting,