Holiday Quickies: Cardinal Attachers
Holiday Cardinal Attachers
Cardinal in two sizes (Heartfelt Creations)
Frosted Shrink Plastic (Comotion)
Jet Black Stazon (Tsukineko)
Sandpaper (from stash)
Cardinal dies (Spellbinders)
Grand Calibur (Spellbinders)
Inktense colored pencils in Poppy Red, Tangerine and Baked Earth (Derwent)
Heat Tool (Marvy)
Tidy Tray (unknown)
Paper Clips (from stash)
Tiny Clothespins (Hobby Lobby)
- Sand the shrink plastic to give it some “tooth” so you can stamp and color on it.
- Stamp a couple images of the largest Cardinal and several of one of the smaller cardinals using the Stazon ink.
- Die cut with the coordinating dies. To line them up properly, Heartfelt Creations recommends making a template. To do this, die cut a piece of heavy weight cardstock and use the negative portion as a guide to lining up the die cut. I would place the template over my shrink plastic, line it up and tape it down with removable tape. Then I would place the die on the template and tape it down as well. Run through the Grand Calibur (or other die cutting machine).
- Color the die cut cardinals with colored pencils.
- Shrink plastic with heat tool according to manufacturer’s directions. I found it helpful to use a Tidy Tray to keep the die cut from blowing around too much. Once the die was shrunk, I placed an acrylic block over it to help flatten it out. This is how the cardinals looked once they were shrunk.
- Glue the larger birds to the paper clips and the small birds to the little clothespins using the E6000 glue.
- You now have some winter-themed attachers to use to hang Christmas cards, holiday tags, or whatever you wish.
Leave a Response