Holiday Quickie: Snowy Hugs Card
Finished Card Size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Quickie cards are even harder for me than a detailed card but here goes. I thought this turned out cute and is easy enough to do when you need a card to send out quickly.
Tree (the angel company)
Mini Snowy Hug (Magnolia)
4.25: x 5.5" Blue card (stash)
4.25" x 3" white sparkly card stock (stash)
Scrap of white sparkly card stock (stash)
Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Ink Pad (Tsukineko)
Star Dust Stickles (Ranger)
Copic Markers (.too)
Cotton Ball White Fun Flock (Stampendous!)
White Liquid Applique (Marvy Uchida)
Double Sided Adhesive
- Stamp tree about a third of the way up the card and color with copics.
- Tear the white card stock across the 4.25" side to create a small hill.
- Adhere it to the card covering the base of the tree (It has grass at the bottom and you don't want the grass to show.)
- Stamp Snowy Hug on the scrap of white card stock and color with copics.
- Cut out the image and adhere it to the snow hill.
- Apply the liquid applique on the hats and the trim of the girl's (Tilda is her name) coat.
- Heat with heat gun until the liquid applique puffs up.
- Apply the stickles where you want the snow to be.
- Shake the fun flock all over the card and press down so that it sticks.
- Let dry.
- Send card to your favorite snow person.