The Serenades: Peggie’s View
Finished Card Size: 5.5" x 5 .5"
French Horn by Janlynn (Stamps Happen)
5.5" x 5.5" Ivory Card (stash)
5.375" x 5.375" designer paper (Memory Box)
3 .5" x 5" Ivory Card stock (stash)
Scraps of White shimmery & Silver card stock (stash)
Memento Tuxedo Black Dye Pad (Tsukineko)
5" x 7" Muslin fabric (stash)
Prisma Color Pencils
Diamond Glaze (Judi-Kins)
Gelly Roll Glitter Pens (Sakura)
Stardust Stickles (Ranger)
Red Stickles (Ranger)
18" red ribbon (stash)
Double Sided Adhesive
Glue Dots (Fiskar)
Snowflake Punch ( Marvy Uchida)
- Tear the muslin fabric on all edges so that you know where the straight of the grain is and can line the stamp up with the grain as much as possible.
- Ink stamp and stamp on muslin.
- First color with a light color on the image. Then add darker colors. When you are coloring with pencils on fabric you need to hold the fabric taut with the hand that you are not using to color with. Fabric moves a lot more than paper and needs to be held in place.
- Finish coloring the whole image in this manner as shown in the first picture, including the french horn and the background.
- Make a snip in the muslin to about 3/8" to 1/2" away from the image and then tear. Do this on all 4 sides.
- Fray the edges until you get them to touch the image.
- Apply adhesive to the ivory card stock and then apply the muslin to it.
- Apply a layer of Diamond Glaze to the French horn and let dry. Then apply another coat. Because you are putting the diamond glaze on fabric it sinks into the fabric and really needs that second coat.
- Apply stardust stickles to the flame and the red stickles to the berries and to the corners. Let dry.
- Color the ribbon and the diamond borders with the glitter pens.
- Adhere the muslin layer to the designer paper.
- Tie the ribbon around the layers.
- Adhere this layer to the cardstock.
- Adhere the flower with the scor-tape.
- Punch out 7 snowflakes from the various scraps of shimmery white and silver card stock. Apply as show with glue dots.
- Apply rhinestones with glue dots.
Sign the back of your card! Now your card is finished and ready to give to a very special person.