The Serenades: Linda’s View
Finished Card Size: 5" x 7"
Amazing Grace is one of my favorite gospel songs; and as soon as I saw the stamp sets used, I knew I had to have them, and would use them in this month's featured design. So let's get started.
Book Frame 1 Stamp Set (Heartfelt Creations)
Book Frame 2 Stamp Set (Heartfelt Creations)
Duplex Card Stock, purple and white (Memory Box)
Gold card stock (Curious Metallics)
Vellum Paper (unknown)
Colorbox Gold Pigment Ink (Clearsnap)
Versafine Onyx Black Ink (Tsukineko)
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink (Tsukineko)
Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger)
Adirondack Purple Twilight Ink (Ranger)
Grand Caliber (Spellbinders)
Heartfelt Creations Exclusive Decorative Dutch Iris Die, Lg. Swirl (Spellbinders)
Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Oval Small (Spellbinders)
Gold Detail Embossing Powder (Judikins)
Clear Detail Embossing Powder (Judikins)
Paper Cutter (Fiskars)
Micro Glue Dots (unknown)
Large Glue Dot (unknown)
Double sided adhesive (Staples)
Scotch Mounting Tape (3M)
Flower Embellishment (Prima Marketing Inc.)
Stamp-A-Ma-Jig Stamp Positioner (EK Success)
Score Mat & Bone Folder (Martha Stewart)
Tim Holtz Blending Tool and Foam Applicators (Ranger)
Double faced satin ribbon (Beachwood Ltd.)
- Stamp the large book frame from Set 1 with the gold pigment ink on the gold card stock and emboss with Gold embossing powder (EP). Cut out with scissors leaving a scant amount of card stock outside the gold embossed border.
- Stamp it again two times on velum and emboss with the Gold EP. When heating vellum paper, do it carefully, because the paper curls and scorches easily. Cut out one of the images right on the outside line of embossing, and the second piece slightly smaller, inside the outside line of embossing.
- Stamp it again on vellum, but with Memento Black ink. Using a stamp positioner, stamp the Amazing Grace music stamp with Versafine Onyx Black ink centered on the image and emboss with clear detail EP. Cut it out inside the outlines of the book frame, following the curves.
- Sponge the two larger vellum pieces with Tea Dye Distress Ink around the edges. Sponge the entire piece with the music on it.
- On the score mat, use the bone folder to crease each piece vertically in the center. The picture below shows the pieces done so far.
- Layer the sections of the book from large to small with double-sided tape, shaping the pages to be slightly curved. Cut a short piece of ribbon and attach to the back side of the gold piece, and bring to the front to resemble a small bookmark. Use a micro glue dot to hold it in place on the top of the front.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Frames 2 set with Versafine Black ink on a scrap of gold card stock and emboss with clear detail EP. Run through the die cut machine with the Nestabilities Classic Oval die. Leaving the die on the cut out, sponge the edges with Purple Twilight ink.
- On another piece of gold card stock, make two Lg. Swirls from the Decorative Dutch Iris Die set. Here's a tip I got from the Heartfelt Creations website. When cutting very detailed dies with lots of cutouts, place a piece of waxed paper between the die and the card stock. It helps to release the die .
- Cut an 8.5" x 11" piece of purple duplex card stock to 10" x 7" and score down the middle to create a top folding card base. Cut a piece of gold card stock to 6.75" x 4.75", another piece of duplex purple to 6.5" x 4.5" and adhere in layers to the card base. Lay the book, sentiment and the dies on top to determine placement.
- Since part of the swirl dies are covered by the book and sentiment, I cut them in half so more of the swirls would show.
- Now adhere all pieces to the card base, using micro glue dots under the swirls and mounting tape under the book and the sentiment. I used two layers of mounting tape under the sentiment to add more dimension.
- Place the flower as shown below with a large glue dot, sign the back in White Ink, write an appropriate note on the inside, and give it to someone special.
Merry Christmas and Happy Stamping!