The Serenades: Cathy’s View
Walk Like an Egyptian
Finished card size: 5 by 7 inches
Egyptian stamp (Non Sequitor)
Chocolate Kiss cardstock (Gina K Designs)
White cardstock (from stash)
Glossy White cardstock (Kromecote)
Patterned Paper (Basic G Marrakech)
Kaleidacolor Royal Satin (Tsukineko)
India Ink Black (Stewart Superior)
Sew Easy Tool (We R Memory Keepers)
Sew Easy mat (We R Memory Keepers)
Craft Pick (Tim Holtz by Tonic)
Goldilocks Glitter Primary Floss (We R Memory Keepers)
Needle (We R Memory Keepers)
Lotus Pendant and Ribbon Tag Trio dies (Spellbinders)
Grand Calibur die cutting machine (Spellbinders)
Ribbon and woven paper (from a collage kit by Paper Odyssey)
Double Sided Adhesive (Scotch 3 M)
2 way glue pen (Zig)
If you’re not familiar with the song “Walk like an Egyptian” by the Bangles, be sure to Google it. Once this song popped into my head, I knew it was what I was going to use for this month’s challenge.
- Make card base from brown cardstock.
- Cut colorful patterned paper to 4.75 by 6.75 inches.
- Cut orange patterned paper to 4.25 by 6.25 inches.
- Using the Royal Satin ink pad, brayer color over the glossy paper.
- Stamp the Egyptian stamp with black ink.
- Using the Sew Easy tool and mat, run the tool along the edges of the orange patterned paper. Use the craft pick to poke the holes all the way through.
- Straight stitch with the gold thread and attach to colorful patterned paper.
- Trim brayered piece to fit inside sewing borders and attach.
- Computer generate sentiment and print on white cardstock.
- Cut out sentiment with ribbon tag trio die.
- Attach sentiment as shown using gold ribbon and tape. Attach layered piece to card base.
- Die cut some embellishments out of the woven paper from the collage kit (or any unusual paper) using the Lotus pendant die.
- Glue the embellishments to the top of the card with the 2 way glue.
- Sign your art work!