The Serenades: Pat’s View
Rock and Roll
Finished card size: 5" x 7"
Fun time to be a teenager, it was a little before my time but I sure tried to learn how to Rock and Roll. My time was when the Beatles came around but to me they could not beat Rock and Roll. So this was a fun card to make and I hope you enjoy my card.
Rock around the clock (Graphic Stamp)
Large Album (Graphic Stamp)
Happy Birthday (Graphic Stamp)
Music Notes (Unknown)
Girl's face (Graphic Stamp)
Rock and Roll (Unknown)
Dancing Couple (Unknown)
Classic crest solar white (Neenah)
Basic Black card stock
Sheet music notes (stash)
5" x 7" card blank (stash)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukinko)
Memento London Fog (Tsukinko)
Copic Markers (.Too corp)
White Pigment Ink Pen (uni-ball signo)
Hand Punch (MCGill)
Stickles Pink (Ranger)
Gems 8 (stash)
Buttons 5 (stash)
Jump Ring (stash)
Music Tape (Tim Holts)
Crystal Lacquer (Sakura Hobby Craft)
Sticky adhesive paper (Eclipse)
- I first cut out all the papers for my card. The black paper is cut 4.75" x 6.75", music sheet is 4.5" x 6.5". Set these a side. I already stamped the dancing couple on Eclipse paper and cut it out.
- Stamp the dancing couple on the solar white paper. Stamp the couple again on the Eclipse masking paper and cut it out. Place this image over the first image to mask, and then stamp the large album. Once that is stamped over the dancing couple you can remove the Eclipse paper. This sheet is cut 3.5" x 4".
- Burnish around the music sheet and the dancing couple sheet with Memento ink London fog and color the stamped images with copic markers.
- Using the white pigment pen and a ruler, ink around the edges of the black paper to create faux stitching.
- Arrange all the pieces on the outside of the card as shown in the first photo and embellish as desired. At that point I thought about adding something to the inside of the card.
- Stamp the images and color with copic markers.
- Sign the back of your card and call it done!
A really fun card, and I hope it brought back some memories for you.