The Serenades: Debbie’s View
Hark the Herald Angels Sing
Finished Card size: 5'"x 6.5"
Swirl angel, Time to Stamp (I Brake for Stamps)
Solid angel (Recollections)
Saying (Alias Smith & Rowe, Retired)
Snowflake swirls (Recollections)
White ultra smooth (Paper Temptress)
Green (Paper Temptress)
White card base (Recollections)
Gold pigment ink (Color Box)
Distress Ink Fired Brick (Ranger)
Distress Ink Pine needles (Ranger)
Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy (Ranger)
Copic Marker, R35 (.too corp.)
Petite ovals Small (Spellbinders)
Labels 8 (Spellbinders)
Gold spray (Ritzy Ditzy Glitz)
Cuttlebug (Provo Craft)
Tim Holtz ink applicator (Ranger)
Gold embossing powder (Stamp n Stuff)
Clear embossing powder(Stamp n Stuff)
Joy ribbon (Michael's)
Embossing buddy (Inkadinkado)
Double stick tape
- Take white paper, and wipe with embossing buddy. Ink swirl angel with Versamark, stamp randomly on white paper , pour on clear embossing powder and tap off excess. Heat with heat gun until embossing powder is melted. Let cool.
- The next step is to apply the fired Brick distress Ink onto the upper portion of the paper, apply with ink applicator> Start off the edge of the paper and work in towards the center repeat until upper portion is complete. Add pine needles distress ink onto the lower portion the same way as the Fired Brick> Make sure you blend where the green and red meet together. Add the Brushed Corduroy distress ink to all four corners. Use a paper towel to clean the ink off the embossed image of the card stock. Cover with clean piece of white copy paper and iron until embossing powder is melted. You will be able to see the melted images on the copy paper when it is done.
- Ink the solid angel with gold pigment ink, and stamp on white paper, cover with gold embossing powder and melt with heat gun. Cut around image with detail scissors, and set aside. Using the green paper cut out an oval shape using petite ovals small, Mount angel on this with mounting tape.
- Stamp saying on small piece of white paper with gold ink and emboss with gold embossing powder, heat . Cut out with Labels 8, then stamp snowflake swirls using Fired Brick distress Ink.
- Now it is time to put everything together. Mount angel background on piece of green card stock. Using double stick tape mount gold angel at an angle on the red and green background ; add the joy ribbon. Over the ribbon using mounting tape, add saying. Mount on white card base and add Petaloo Poinsettia.
Sign the back and you are all done. Yes, this card takes a while, but if you do your background in a production mode then you should be able to make a group of these. I hope you enjoyed my card inspired by the Christmas song, "Hark the Herald Angels Sing", one of my favorites.