November Trail Map: Nola’s View
Love is In The Air
Finished card: 140 mm x 105 mm or 5 .5" x 4.25"
I know that Fall is in the air--but for me, well, Love is in the Air too. That's because I started this card while my DH, Neil and I were at the cottage in Vermont late September to celebrate our 19th Anniversary. I only took a limited amount of supplies with me so had to put the finishing touches on it when we got home. As you'll see from my notes, I used quite a few scraps. I love when I'm able to do this. This really was a quick card to make. Here's the down and dirty instructions for it:
Everything and Lighthearted, (Stampin' Up!)
All paper by: (Stampin' Up!)
Rose Red, Soft Suede, Pretty in Pink, Pattern Paper-Bella Blue
Rose Red (Stampin' Up!)
Basic Pearls (Stampin' Up!)
Hologram Hightlights embossing powder (Stampin' Up!)
Dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)
Mulitpurpose glue (Tombo)
3 Heart punch (Paper Shapers)
Versamark Marker (Tsukineko)
- Fold a half sheet of card stock in half again for the card base and scruff the edges with the scissors blade to rough it up. Mount the three pearls on the far right. They come with glue dots already on the bottom so all you have to do is gently press them and they stick--love that!
- Cut 2 scraps of your pattern paper. The Brown on mine is 1o5 X 37 mm and the other 65X40. Mount them with glue to the front of the card.
- Cut a scrap of pink cardstock at 130 X 30 mm and then another scrap of your pattern paper just a little bit smaller. I went with 125X27 mm. Mount those together with glue and scruff the edges all around with Rose Red ink.
- Cut a scrap of Soft Suede at 164mm x 31mm (odd measurement--I did not measure it till now!) and rough up the edges with the scissors like you did before. Cut a scrap of pattern paper at 54mm x 30mm. Stamp your sentiment with Rose Red onto the Pink paper and then cut it to 50mm x 25mm. Again, scruff the pink paper's edges with Rose Red. Glue all three pieces together: the Soft Suede, Pattern, and Pink layers together and then mount all those to the middle of the long narrow pieces with dimensionals. Mount all of this to the bottom of your card front. I now notice that the photo I took of my card does not show the very right edge. My strip is actually centered on the bottom of my card.
- Stamp your heart with Rose Red onto a piece of pink card stock. Stamp the image again with Versamarker. (I just "eyeballed" placement of the re-inked stamp, but if this makes you crazy, you can use a stamp positioner.) Sprinkle heart with embossing powder and heat set with heat gun. When it is cool, trim the heart with scissors and mount it over some of both vertical pieces of pattern paper.
- Place another basic pearl in the middle of the tiny flower of the sentiment. Punch out your small hearts and mount with glue, and voila!, you're done!
I love it when a card can be quick and easy. Hope you do too.
Stamp, Create, Play . . . Everyday!