Holiday Blizzard 2011: Holiday Christmas Album (Part 2)
Decorating a 6" x 6" Handmade Photo Album (Part 2)
By Nancy Thaut, Artistic Guide
Finished Album Size: 6” x 6”
Snowflake [PSX Design, retired]
Holiday Sampler [Heidi Grace]
Lost & Found Christmas 6x6 paper pad [My Mind’s Eye]
Lost & Found Accessory Sheet [My Mind’s Eye]
Father Christmas Collection 6x6 paper pad [BoBunny]
Paper White [Fresh Ink]
Blazing Red StazOn [Tsukineko]
Pearlescent Beige Brilliance [Tsukineko]
Perfect Medium Pen [Ranger]
Seafoam White Embossing Powder [Ranger]
Red Embossing Tinsel Powder [PSX Design]
Frosty Border Die-Cut [Memory Box]
Spellbinders Circle Die-Cut [Nestabilities]
Cuttlebug Die cut machine [Provo Craft]
Starburst punch [McGill Craftivity]
Scallop Punch [EK Success]
.25 Red Metallic Ribbon [Jo-Ann Stores]
2 White Brads [Unknown]
Ruby Red Liquid Pearls [Ranger]
Red Rhinestones [Michaels]
Floss to connect brads [Unknown]
- Decorating an album can be a lot of fun. You can use stamps, die cuts, embossing folders, punches, accessory sheets. You can cut paper, tear paper, and trim paper.
- [album_decorate1] I began by using the scallop punch along the flap. I then cut a 6” x 3.25” piece of beige scrap and used the scallop punch on one 6” side. I then rubbed some beige ink along the edge of the scallop, added red embossing tinsel and heat set and set aside.
- [album_decorate2] Next I rubbed the brad on the red ink, making sure I also rubbed the edges, dipped in red tinsel. Using the tool shown below to hold the brad and heat set. I attached the brads to the center of the bottom 6” cover and about .50” on the top cover.
- [album_decorate3] I then punched 3 Starbursts and using the medium pen randomly on the design and pressing into the red tinsel. Using the tool shown to hold the Starburst to heat set. I then attached the 3 Starburst to a piece transparency and trimmed around the edges of the cluster. The “Merry Christmas“ from the accessory sheet, tying floss and added the Startburst Clusters were the last things I added to the album.
- [album_decorate4] To the upper inside upper cover I attached the beige piece described in step 2. The then added two accessory sheet items. I also wrapped red metallic ribbon 2” down on lower cover piece.
- [album_decorate5] I then begin doing the inside pages. The example shown on this double page is a 6” string of trees stamped in white and embossed with white embossing powder. Two frosty borders were punched on white scraps of paper. One has small rhinestones and other has the liquid pearls.
- [album_decorate6] These double pages are the outside pages of two colored sheets. Torn paper is used here and the edges have beige ink spread on the edges. I then added 2 accessory sheet items.
- [album_decorate7] On these 2 pages I used 2” x 6” pieces from the Lost and Found paper pad. The red metallic ribbon was used to trim the paper. I then used the die-cut for a circle, stamp snowflake with red ink and embossed with red tinsel embossing powder. The “Be Merry“ is from the accessory sheet.
- [album_decorate8] My final example is cutting out patterned paper from the 2 paper pads and using a strip from the accessory sheet.
- I hope these will give you some ideas on what you can do to decorate an album. They’re fun to do and you can be as creative as you wish. Have Fun…