Holiday Blizzard 2011: Holiday Christmas Album (Part 1)
Holiday photo album (Part 1)
By Nancy Thaut, Artistic Guide
Finished album size: 6” x 6”
Stripe paper: Lost and Found Christmas [My Mind’s Eye]
3 solid color 12x12 paper from stash [Unknown]
1 coordinating solid paper from stash [Unknown]
Permanent liquid glue - Martha Stewart [eksuccess]
- The picture shown above is of the finished album. However, today I’m showing you how to construct a photo album. Most photo albums use 4” x 6” pictures. Because of this, my album is 6x6 so that pictures can go up and down or sideways. Part 1 is making the photo album. Part 2 will be embellishing the album, and that's where the stamps are used. So, lets begin.
- You will need:
-- 4 sheets 12” x 12” card stock
-- 1 sheet 8.5” x 11” or coordinating scrap of cardstock 5.25” x 6”
-- Front with top flap 6” x 11.5” – score 3”. 3.25” and 9.5”
-- Front with base 6” x 8.25” – score at 2”
-- Accordion base 5.5” x 6” – score every .5” of 6” width
- The picture shown below shows some the papers I’m using for decorating the pages. We will cover adding embellishments in Part 2 of those instructions.
- Cut sheets and score according to direction shown above. Fold up accordions, one at a time and flatten with a scoring tool. Overlap the 2” scored areas and attach with liquid glue. Make sure the glue is adhered before continuing. (Double sided scor-tape can also be used.)
- Adhere the outer .5” part of the accordion just above the 2” score line. (My striped cover is two-sided paper, the inside is the newsprint design you see on the page shown below.) When using the liquid glue, hold paper until it adheres. Once it no longer slides, move onto gluing the other end.
- Add adhesive to the front edge of the first accordion fold. Center and adhere the bottom of the first folded edge of a 6 x 12” piece of cardstock as shown. Hold cardstock along the fold until it adheres. Add each color of the three colors alternately, making sure the glue has dried enough so it won’t slide out of alignment. Only one side of the folded cardstock is glued to the accordion.
- Come back tomorrow, and we will finish the album.