Favorite Go To Stamps: Nola’s View
Holiday Thank You Cards
Finished Card size: 105 x 135 mm
This month's theme project is to use our favorite "go to stamps." There are so many sets that I love and I always seem to be buying more! Here are two of mine--they come from Stampin' Up!. The ornament is from a new set: Tags Till Christmas, and thanks is from a set that has been around for a while: Thank You Kindly.
For the past three years I have made Beth, one of my neighbors, some Holiday Thank You cards. Our families had dinner together recently and she reminded me to get busy making some for her to look over and choose from. So, I got one of them done this week.
Sets: Tags Till Christmas and Thank You Kindly (Stampin' Up!)
Real Red, Old Olive, Whisper White, and patteren paper - Letters to Santa (Stampin' Up!)
Real Red and Old Olive (Stampin' Up!)
Dimensionals, Basic Pearls (Stampin' Up!)
Snowburst Embossing Folder and Ornament Die (Sizzix)
Big Shot or other Die Cutting/embossing machine (Sizzix)
Scallopped Oval Punch, Standard Oval Punch, Ornament Punch (Paper Shapers)
Tombo Mulitpurpose Glue
- It's a pretty simple card to make but here's the 411 on how I did it.
- Fold your Real Red cardstock in half and run the top part through the Big Shot using the Snowburst Embossing folder. Note that I left just a bit of room for a clean border where I folded my card.
- Cut the Expresso pattern paper at 102 X 88 mm and then cut the striped paper at 100 X 86 mm. Mount them together with the Tombo glue. Now glue this to the front of the card.
- Stamp the ornament in Real Red on a scrap of Whisper White paper and punch it out.
- Run a scrap of Old Olive cardstock and run it through the Big Shot with the Ornament die cut. Glue both ornaments together. Add some of the Basic Pearls for decoration. Mount on top of the card with Demisionals.
- Stamp Thanks on a scrap of Whisper White in Old Olive and punch out. Punch out a scrap of the green pattern paper from the Letters to Santa pattern paper with the scalloped Oval. Glue them together and mount them on the lower middle of the card with deminsionals.
- Using a scrap of Old Olive cardstock cut it at 5 X 80 mm and mount a strip of the Basic Pearls on top. Use Deminsionals to mount to the right side of the striped pattern paper.
I think that's it! Hope Beth likes it and I hope--YOU do too.
Stamp, Create, Play . . . Everyday!