Favorite Go To Stamps: Lisa’s View
Laugh Out Loud
Finished card size: 4.25" x 5.5"
My favorite "Go to stamps" would be too long of a list to name, but I have narrowed it down to this...anything that is humorous and makes me giggle. There are so many wonderful quirky and fun stamp sets out there that make me smile, so I would definitely have to say comical and funny stamps are my favorite "go to stamps."
Friendly Phrases and Not So Seriously (Stampin' Up!)
Pre-made card, images and sentiment (Stash)
Card Front - Close to Coca, Basic Brown (SU!), White Daisy Ink (Close to my Heart)
Lady - Skin: Blush Blossom (Stampin' Up!)
Hair: Summer Sun and Creamy Caramel (Stampin' Up!)
Lips: Rose Romance (Stampin' Up!)
Earrings: More Mustard (Stampin' Up!)
Dress: Mellow Moss and Old Olive (Stampin' Up!)
Inked Image - Black (Close to my Heart)
Nestabilities Circles Large Die (Spellbinders)
Big Shot Die cut machine (Sizzix)
Friends Texture Plate (Sizzix)
Modern Label Punch (Stampin' Up!)
Roses (Prima Flowers)
- Begin with your card base that measures 4.25" x 11" scored at 5.5" for center fold
- Place two circle dies in the center of card front and run through die cutting machine.
- Set aside the center circle for now. It will be used for your sentiment.
- Keeping the large die cut in place, place card onto a texture plate and run through the cutting machine to emboss the card front. Keeping the die cut in place allows for a clean and un-embossed edge on your frame.
- Run your center circle through the cutting machine once again to dry emboss the edges with your silicone mat, according to your die cut machine instructions.
- This is what you should have so far.
- Ink the front of your card with colors described above in supplies making sure to leave the large circle die in place while you ink.
- Once you've finished inking the outside of the card, apply a 4.25" x 5.5" solid cardstock to the inside of the card. Stamp your sentiment onto the center circle. Wrap twine and tie bow. Adhere to solid cardstock piece. Apply roses for embellishment.
- Ink the woman's image, color and adhere to card front. Ink sentiment and cut out with Modern label punch and apply over image with 3D dots.
As you can see, this doesn't leave a lot of room for your own message, so I wrote the message on the back of the card.
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and happy stamping to you!