Holiday Blizzard 2011: Decorated Holiday Ornaments
Decorated Holiday Ornaments
Christmas Characters and Penguin Pandemonium Stamp Set (Inkadinkado)
Transparency Film (Xerox)
Permanent Ink Pens (Sharpie)
StazOn Solvent ink pads, any colors, I used Jet Black, Eden Green, Azure, Blazing Red (Tsukineko)
Crystal Snow Flakes (you find in the Christmas section)
1.75" circle punch (Stampin' Up)
1/16" Hole punch (McGill)
Craft glass Ornaments (Michaels)
- The size of the ornament you are using will determine what size punch you would need to use.
- After you have punched out all your circles you can start stamping on the transparencies and coloring the images. The Sharpies work very well. Nice and bright and they dry fast.
- Using the McGill's 1/16" hole punch, punch a hole in the top of your circle. Then run the fishing line through the hole and tie it. Make sure you have enough to hold on to.
- Take the top off the ornament. Using a small funnel, pour a small amount of crystal snow flakes into the ornament.
- A pencil works really well for the next step. Roll the transparency around the pencil, slide it off, and keep it rolled up.
- You want to make sure you have the fishing line outside of the ornament so you do not lose the transparency in the ornament. Slide the rolled transparency into the ornament and hold on to the fishing line. You will want to center it so it will hang in the middle.
- Now put the cap back on covering the fishing line. You can trim the fishing line.
- Shake it up a little.
I hope you enjoyed my project.