Sewing Notions with the Sew Easy
Sewing Notions With the Sew Easy
By: Cathy Peper, Artistic Guide
Finished card size: 5.5" x 5.5"
Sewing notions (Blockhead Rubber Stamps)
Greeting and frame on 2nd card (Stamping Scrapping)
Solar White (Neenah)
Kraft Paper (Papertrey Ink)
Patterned Paper-Victoria Gardens (Echo Park)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Sew Easy Stitch Piercer, (We R Memory Keepers)
Zig Zag and Scallop Stich Piercers (We R Memory Keepers)
Sew Easy Floss in pink and gray (We R Memory Keepers)
Sew Easy needles (We R Memory Keepers)
Sew Easy Piercing Mat (We R Memory Keepers)
Copic Markers (.too)
Ruler (Tim Holtz Idea-ology)
Retractable Craft Pick (Tonic Studios for Tim Holtz)
Double sided adhesive (Scotch 3 M)
Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart)
Fancy Tags and Edgeabilities Classic Bracket (Spellbinders)
I’ve had some of the Sew Easy tools for awhile, but had only used the basic straight stitch head. I decided to experiment a bit with them and share it here at the watering hole.
- Make card base out of white card stock. Cut the green diamond patterned paper to fit front (5.5 by 5.5 inches).
- Put the zig zag head on the stitch piercer.
- Using the piercing mat and a ruler, run the stitch piercing tool along all sides of the patterned paper. I found that my holes didn’t come all the way through, so I used the bumps as a guide and followed up with my craft pick.
- Using the light pink thread, stitch the patterned paper to the card base. I don’t sew, so I keep the cards that come with the stitch piercing heads and use them for reference on how to do the stitches. Tape the ends of the thread to the inside of the card.
- Cut the text patterned paper to 4.5 by 2 inches.
- Change to the straight stitch head and run the tool around the text paper. Straight stitch using the gray thread.
- Adhere to card base.
- Cut the pink paper to 3.5 by 2 inches.
- Put the zig zag head back on and run the tool around this final piece.
- Stitch using the medium pink thread. Adhere to card base as shown.
- Cut a scrap of white cardstock to 2 by 2 inches.
- Stamp the scissors, thread and thimble.
- Add a hint of color with copic markers.
- Adhere to card base.
I made a second card using the scallop head.
I enjoyed using the Sew Easy tool especially since I don’t sew and am unlikely to machine stitch on my cards. But it is a time consuming embellishment and not for quick and easy cards. I hope you enjoyed what I shared with you here today and give the Sew Easy tool a try.