Monochromatic Magic: Nola’s View
Finished card size: 140mm x 110 mm or roughly 5.5 " x 4.3"
The theme for this month's project is "Monochromatic Magic". I am originally from California, not too far from Santa Barbara, near the Pacific Ocean, which to me can be a very magical place. So using Pacific Point Cardstock by Stampin' Up! was a must for this project. All my supplies unless otherwise noted are from Stampin' Up!
Kindness Matters (Stampin' Up!)
Pursuit of Happiness (Stampin' Up!)
Pattern Paper: Blueberry Crisp
Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (Sizzix)
Tasteful Trim Die Cut (Sizzix)
Butterfly Die (Sizzix)
Butterfly Punch (EK Success)
Bashful Blue Corduroy Button
Tombo Multipurpose Glue
- All measurements are in millimeters. (Ten mm is equal to one centimeter. For conversion chart from centimeters to inches, go here.)
- I never glue all my layers together until I am finished making the layers. This way if I make a mistake (it does happen once in a while!) my project is not a waste of time and effort. See the * at Number 8 for when you are ready to glue them together.
- Scruff the card edges with the Pacific Point ink pad.
- Cut Pacific Blue Card stock at 125 x 95.
- Cut the Pattern Paper as follows: Left is 70 x 90, Right is 50 x 90. Use a sponge to add more Pacific Point to the paper if desired. To create a more distressed look to the paper, crumble and tear. Glue to the Pacific Point layer.
- Run a narrow scrap of pattern paper through the Big Shot using the Tasteful Trim die cut to get the vertical bead-like paper that goes on top of the pattern papers seam. Apply a thin line of glue down the seam to make the bead layer stick. Leave some on each end. Fold the top edge in and then wrap it behind the Pacific Point layer.
- Cut a scrap of Pacific Point at 103 x 55. Along the bottom edge trim with scissors so that it look like a wave. Do the same with a scrap of Bashful Blue--cutting it at 85 x 35. After you have trimmed the Bashful Blue layer stamp the 3 butterflies stamp from Kindness Matters in Marina Mist in the center. Stamp Thanks from the same set in Pacific Point in the top right corner. Glue these pieces together.
- *Now you are ready to glue all your layers together, including gluing them to your card base.
- Take another scrap of Pacific Point and run it through the Big Shot using the Butterfly Die. Punch out a Butterfly with a scrap of the Pattern Paper. Layer them with a bit of glue in the middle. Punch a hole in the center and put the Corduroy Brad through the hole and open it up. Use a glue dot to stick the butterflies to the left side of your Thanks layer.
- Your card front is now done. For the inside of the card: Scruff along the inside fold with Pacific Point. Run another scrap of the pattern paper through the Big Shot with the Tasteful Trim Die and glue it along the bottom of the card. Stamp your sentiment from Pursuit of Happiness in Pacific Point.
I hope you enjoyed my Magic of the Pacific Project. We'd love to see what you come up with for a Monochromatic look. Won't you join us?
Stamp, Create, Play . . . Everyday!