Monochromatic Magic: Marion’s View
Finished card size: 4.25”x5.5”
Image: Brush Lily (Penny Black)
Sentiment:D3293 (PSX, retired)
Classic Crest Solar White (Neenah)
Awesome Aqua light, medium and dark (World Win Colormates)
Aqua – Adirondack Lights (Ranger)
Teal and Aquamarine – Archival (Ranger)
Stamp positioner (optional)
Pop Dots or foam tape
- Trim a piece of white cardstock to 5.5”x8.5”. Score at 4.25 and fold back. Set this aside as your card base.
- On another part of the white cardstock stamp your image with your lightest color ink – here it was Aqua.
- Offset the next image and use the middle color – here Aquamarine. You may wish to use a stamp positioner to help you keep the baseline straight but it isn’t critical.
- Now stamp the image a third time with the darkest color – here, Teal.
- Using the darkest color stamp the sentiment.
- Trim the piece to a smaller size and measure it. The image you choose will determine the size.
- Now trim all three pieces of Colormates paper to the same size and make them slightly larger than you main image layer.
- Layer all 3 layers at a slight offset going from darkest to lightest Edge the image layer and the sentiment with the darkest ink.
- Add the image layer again offsetting slightly The bottom of the image lines up with the last colored layer.
- Add Foam tape or Pop Dots to the back of the sentiment and adhere it partially over the image.
This is an easy and versatile card. Try using up some of those coordinating scraps for an RRR (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) project.