Monochromatic Magic: Peggie’s View
Finished Card Size: 5 .5" x 5.5"
Bird Cage from Fly Free Collection (Nina B Designs)
Butterflies from Fly Free Collection (Nina B Designs)
5.5" x 5.5" yellow card stock card (from stash)
5 1/4" x 5 1/4" metallic gold card stock (from stash)
5" x 5" designer paper (Bo Bunny)
Dark Gold Metallic card stock (from stash)
Cream colored card stock (from stash)
Scrap of Gold Metallic card stock (from stash)
Encore Ultimate Gold Metallic Ink (Tsukineko)
2 - 15" Gold Fibers (from stash)
1 - 15'" Cream Fiber (from stash)
3 - 6" gold edged ribbon (from stash)
Paper flowers (from stash)
Brads (from stash)
Butterfly punch (Martha Stewart)
Die Cutting Machine
Largest small scalloped Nestabilities Die (Spellbinders)
Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (Sizzix)
Double sided Adhesive
Scotch Tape (3M)
- Stamp cage with gold ink and then emboss with Egyptian Gold Embossing Powder and heat with heat gun. Do the same with the butterflies.
- Cut out scalloped rectangular die and adhere image on to it.
- Adhere designer paper to 5 1/2" square gold metallic card stock.
- Wrap the 3 6" pieces of gold edged ribbon around the layers and tape in the back. Make sure the ribbon is evenly spaced along the layers.
- Wrap the fibers around the layers and tie in the front. Trim if necessary. Spread the fibers so each one shows at the top and the bottom.
- Adhere the image to the layers.
- Adhere the layers to the card.
- Put brads through the paper flowers.
- Attach the flowers to the card with Scor-Tape
- Punch the butterfly out of scrap of gold metallic card stock and adhere to flowers with glue dots.