Monochromatic Magic: Nancy’s View
By Nancy Thaut, Artistic Guide
Finished Card Size: 5.5” x 4.25”
Various scrap and mulberry paper from stash [Unknown]
Earthy Paper Designs [Crafty Secrets]
Versafine Vintage Sepia [Tsukineko]
ColorBox Dune [Clearsnap]
Perfect Medium Pen [Ranger]
Copic Pen E35 [.Too]
Leaf punch [EK Success]
Corner punch [EK Success]
Clear Embossing Powder [Craft Essentials]
Stickles Cinnamon Glitter Glue [Ranger]
Copper Embossing Powder [Ranger]
Adhesive of choice
- I bought this tree stamp last spring and have been waiting for the right time of year to use it. Always love to try new stamps.
- I stamped the tree with Sepia Ink on scrap paper, embossed with clear embossing powder and heat set. The main tree trunk still had a couple of opened spaces so I used the Copic pen to fill in the color.
- I then put glitter on each of the leaves and the branches and also the falling leaves and let dry. Once dry, I used the medium pen on the ground under the tree, added the copper embossing power and heat set.
- I trimmed the paper to desired size, punched the corners and using the dunes ink, rubbed around the edges. This ended up covering some of the glitter, so re-glittered the pieces with paint. Took a dark brown piece of scrap and adhered to the tree paper. Using a light brown, I attached the print paper, which was 4” x 5.25”. I then adhered the tree to the card with pop dots. I punched out the dark mulberry brown leaves and attached to the left side of the card.
- I’ve added a couple of additional Monochromatic cards. Hope you enjoy them all.