September 2011 Trail Map: Map Master’s View
Finished card size: 6" x 6"
Well, I was going to do "Hollywood Squares" but let's do a Quilt instead.
Sewing machine (Prickley Pear)
White Card Stock (C.S.)
Red Card Stock (C.S.)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Fabric (Four colors of scraps)
5 inch Xyron machine (Xyron)
Dye based markers
Needle and thread
Grunge Board (Tim Holtz)
Tim Holtz Spool Die Cut (Sizzix)
Adhesive of choice
- Cut a 6" x 6" white C.S. and score one inch squares.
- Use about four different scraps of fabric. Run them through a 5 inch Xyron machine and press onto a white C.S.
- Cut them into one inch squares and attach to the scored 6" x 6" piece. Arrange in any pattern.
- Cut the spool out of grunge board and color or glitter it. Wrap thread or yarn around the spool and thread the needle. (Almost impossible!)
- Stamp the sewing machine onto white C.S., color it with a marker, trim and back with red C.S. Print out the sentiment, trim into a diamond shape and back with red and white layers as shown in the picture. Gather other embellishments and add all to the front of the card with double sided adhesive or glue. Adhere the finished card front to a 6" x 12" folded C.S. to complete the card.
You Quilters know all the angles, dont you?