Designing with Numbers: Marion’s View
It’s Only a Number
Finished card size: 5”x6”
Large Numerals (Reflections)
Digital Stamp Happy Birthday Fifty (Nettys Cards)
Adirondack Pigment Ink, Bottle (Ranger)
Sedona mottled browns (The Paper Cut)
Oasis Vintage Specialty Collection (Core’dinations)
Scraps of white card stock
Computer Generated Words on white cardstock scrap
Cutlebug Embossing Folder Number Collage ( Provo Craft)
Ancient Gold Embossing Powder (Ranger)
- Begin by covering the entire surface of a quarter sheet (5.5”x4.25”) of Sedona cardstock with Versamark ink.
- Cover completely with Ancient gold embossing powder. I really love this color because it is a mix of gold and green which results in a beautiful patina. Look carefully at the picture.
- Heat emboss the entire surface. IF you look closely you can see how the colors blend after heating.
- Now place the quarter sheet you heat embossed in the embossing folder and put that between the plates of whatever manual embossing machine you are using. I ran it through once both frontward and backward but found out after playing that it was not necessary. One way worked fine.
- Using a sanding block or a piece of sand paper (I used 200 grit) lightly sand the high areas to remove some of the embossing powder.
- Stamp the appropriate numbers with the Bottle Adirondack ink on a scrap of white cardstock and cut it out. (I used 50 because I have a friend who is totally traumatized by turning 50. Don’t tell her how old I am but I am a lot older than that.) Cut out the numbers. Normally I would go back with the matching Adirondack Pigment ink to cover the white edges but somehow this seemed to need the contrast.
- Computer generate the sentiment in Word using the font and size you wish. At the same time copy and re-size the digital stamp on the same file. If you need more information on how to do this, check out my Watering Hole article in September.
- Print out the Word file. Cut out the Sentiment to the size you wish on your paper trimmer and the digital stamp with a scissors. Edge both with bottle by running the edge along the Bottle ink pad.
- Fold a 10” x 6” piece of Oasis Core’dinations in half.
- Position the double embossed layer on the Oasis card. You will want to use a very sticky adhesive because of the texture. Attach the sentiment with a single layer of 3M foam tape and the digital stamp with a double layer of foam tape.
I hope you enjoyed this new way to use your embossing folder. Just think of all the possibilities. I am thrilled at a new way to use all those jars of embossing powder that I have collected.