Designing with Numbers: Marie’s View
Number 1 Bud
Finished card size: 5.5” x 4.25’"
Buds digital stamp (Mo Manning’s Digital Pencil)
Cryogen White (Curious Metallics)
White Pure Luxury (Gina K Designs)
Lipstick Red Pure Luxury (Gina K Designs)
Jovial Paper Pad (BasicGrey)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukneko)
Memento Lady Bug (Tsukneko)
Copic Alcohol Markers (.Too Corp.)
Small and Large Petite Oval Nestabilities Die (Spellbinders)
Die cut machine (Cuttlebug)
Computer, printer and software to edit picture size
Calligraphy pen and ink
- Prepare your paper.
Card Base: 5.5” X 8.5”
Score and fold at 4.25” (this will make a card to fit a standard 2A envelope)
Base layer: 5.25” X 4”
Designer paper: 5” X 3.75”
Sentiment layers: 2.25” X 1.5”, 1.5” X 1”, 1.25’ X 0.75”
- Print the digital focal image at approximately 2.75” X 2.25” on Cryogen paper and print a second image on regular paper. By printing the second image on regular copy paper, you will save your precious Cryogen for your Copic alcohol markers. Determine where you want your light source and draw lines on the image to use as a guide. You will do this with pencil and not use your Copic markers on this page. You will see that I have selected the upper left hand side of the paper for my light source.
- Begin coloring the image you printed on you Cryogen paper with you Copic alcohol markers. Some prefer to start with the highlighted areas while others prefer to start with the dark shaded areas. I usually start with the shaded areas.
- Skin: E11, E000
Hair: E44, E43, E42, E40
- Pants and socks: B14, B13, B000, B0000 and a touch of B32 to the lower pants leg.
- Shirt: G28, G40, YG63
- Belt: C4, C2, C0
- Dog Collar: G28, G40, YG63
- Dog: E35, E33, E31, E30 and a touch of YR000 on the nose.
- Assemble the card. I used my calligraphy pen to write “# 1 Bud” (because the theme is designing with numbers). Cut and layer the sentiment. Apply the ribbon to the lower part of the designer paper as shown below. Attach the designer paper to the base layer and apply to your folded card base. I layered the sentiment and focal image with adhesive but you can use dimensional dots if you prefer.
I hope you enjoyed this card. It is a lot of fun and I think the little image is just so cute!