Designing with Numbers: Cathy’s View
Finished card size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Number 13 card and sentiment, Tim Holtz Collection (Stamper’s Anonymous)
Queen cards (Bella Rosa)
Terracotta Tile and Harvest Gold card stock (Papertrey Ink)
Solar White card stock (Neenah)
Patterned Paper from the "Count Me In" Collection (Sassafrass Lass)
India Ink Black (Stewart Superior)
Jenni Bowlin Chili Powder (Ranger)
Distress Ink Wild Honey (Ranger)
Labels 11 (Spellbinders)
Doily Die (Papertrey Ink)
Grand Calibur Die Cutting Machine (Spellbinders)
Terracotta Tile Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)
Distress ink applicator (Ranger)
Tiny Type Stickers (Cosmo Cricket)
Double Sided Adhesive (Scotch 3 M)
- Make card base from Terracotta Tile card stock.
- Cut a mat of Harvest Gold card stock cut to 5.25" x 4".
- Cut a mat of the patterned paper 5" x 3.75"s.
- Adhere patterned paper to Harvest Gold piece.
- Cut a piece of ribbon and adhere to Harvest Gold piece along bottom as shown with double sided adhesive. Tape ends to the back and then adhere to card base.
- Stamp the Number 13 card and one of the Queen cards with chili powder ink. Stamp the other queen with black ink.
- Cut out all three cards and adhere to card in a fan shape as shown.
- Stamp sentiment on white card stock and cut with Labels 11 die.
- While the die cut is still in the die, sponge Wild Honey distress ink with an applicator over the die cut.
- Remove die cut from die and adhere to card, tucking the bottom under the ribbon.
- The last step is to apply the Tiny Type stickers to the ribbon, spelling out “Triskaidekaphobia.” This is a long word so I started from the back and worked towards the front to be sure it would all fit. For those who aren’t familiar with this phobia, it’s the fear of the number 13.
Wouldn’t this be a great card to sign and send to someone on Friday 13th?