Cards That Shake, Rattle, and Roll – Peggie’s View
ROLL, but no "Shake" or "Rattle"
Finished Card Size 5 .5" x 5 .5" (plus pull tab)
Midsummer Tilda (Magnolia)
Pull (East Coast Art Stamps)
Sugared Paper Pad (Basic Grey)
5.5" x 5.5" card (Bazzill)
Cryogen White Card Stock (Curious Irridescents)
Yellow card stock (from stash)
Memento Tuxedo Black Pad (Tsukineko)
Leaf Canopy Die (Memory Box)
Twiggy Tree Die (Memory Box)
Spring Border Die (Memory Box)
Big Kick Die Cutting Machine (Sizzix)
Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart)
Stardust Stickles (Ranger)
Pink Stickles (Ranger)
Copic Markers (.Too)
Double sided Adhesive
- Stamp Tilda on White Cryogen with Tuxedo Black ink, then color with copics. Cut out image and lay aside.
- Adhere first layer of patterned paper to yellow cardstock and then run through the big kick with the leaf canopy die. You may have to use a couple of piece of scrap paper to add enough dimension so that the die will cut all the way through the two layers. Push out any leaves that don’t just pop out.
- Cut out rectangle over .375” wide and 3” long starting an inch above the bottom.
- Cut out twiggy tree using die and Big Kick. Glue over opening and under tree as shown. Then cut the tree trunk out of rectangle.
- Cut a piece of pink bazzil to .875" x 4.5". Stamp “Pull” on a small piece of yellow and cut the same width as the pink and layer it onto the pink. Cut a piece of flowered patterened paper just a bit narrower than the pink and long enough to fit from the yellow pull until the end of the pink.
- Cut a half inch strip of yellow cardstock about 4” long. Make two folds about 1” apart, then fold again so they meet in the middle. See picture.
- Glue the flat 1” folded part to the back of Tilda. Stick the ends through the opening in the layered cardstock. Glue the prepared strip with “Pull” on to the folded edge of yellow cardstock that is on the back of Tilda. Cut off edges so that they are even with the strip.
- Adhere this layer to the green patterned paper. Make sure as you are gluing this that you don’t glue the pull tab. Put a piece of double sided adhesive about .5" away on either side of the cut out rectangle.
- Adhere this to the brown/pink patterned paper and then everything to the base card.
- Cut out two pieces of paper using the spring border – one in green and one in pink/green patterned paper. Cut the green so there aren’t any flowers sticking up and glue it over the pink/green spring border. Then use the double sided adhesive along the bottom and a glue stick along the flowers along the bottom edge of the green paper being careful when you glue it underneath Tilda.
- Punch out the butterfly and adhere to the card as shown. Use a brown copic marker and make the body.
- Apply stardust stickles to edges of Tilda’s dress, the flowers in her hair, the green leaves that are showing through, and the butterfly.
- Apply pink stickles to the flowers on the spring border.
- Now when it is dry you should be able to pull the tab and make Tilda roll along the forest scene.