Cards That Shake, Rattle, and Roll – Nancy’s View
Finished Card Size: 5.5” x 4.25”
Magnolia Floral (Stamps Happen, Inc)
Glitter Mat stack (DCWV)
Stripes (My Mind’s Eye)
Glossy Card Stock (Unknown)
White and yellow scrap cardstock (Unknown)
Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Various Copic Pens (.too corp.)
Shake It Pouches (PennywiseArts)
Micro Beads – Bottle translucent, clear and gold (PennywiseArts)
Rhinestones - Basic (KaiserCraft)
Scrap ribbon (Unknown)
Charms (Yvonne Albritton Designs)
Lacy Squares Die Cut (Spellbinders)
Cuttlebug Embossing folder (Provo Craft)
Flower Punch (EK Success)
Cuttlebug Die Cut/Embossing Machine (Provo Craft)
Zots - Clear adhesive dots (therm.o.web)
- I began by stamping my floral design on white cardstock and embossed with clear embossing powder.
- I then colored randomly with various Copic pens. Once the ink was dry I glued butterfly and dragonfly charms to the floral picture.
- I mixed the three colors of bead in a flat box until I came up with the balance of each color of beads that looked good to me. I carefully poured the beads in the center of the floral picture, removed the tape from around the pouch and attached to the card. Be sure that NO beads get near the area that is being glued down. These beads would break the seal you’re trying to form so that none of the beads will leak out.
- I cut a square that I attached to cover the pouch edges. You’ll notice that the square in not next to the inner edge of the pouch. I die cut a rectangle scallop piece and cut the scallops to fit the inside of the square frame. (Note: The example is shown using cream paper. I didn’t like the cream and changed it to the yellow that is shown on the first and last picture.
- This shows how the four pieces were fit together. Once I’d attached the scalloped edge, I trimmed around the edge of the blue paper and colored floral paper.
- To cover the cuts around the scalloped paper, I punched four flowers and attached them with zots adhesive and pressed the small stone into the middle of the flower. I trimmed a piece of the floral colored paper, stamped “Happy Birthday” and embossed with clear embossing paper. I ran the glitter paper through the Cuttlebug to emboss it and added ribbon down the center. I then cut, layered and glued everything together.I hope you like the shaker cards we have made for you and will try one of them. As always, be sure to sign your card on the back before you send it.