Cards That Shake, Rattle, and Roll: Marie’s View
Memories of the Beach Shaker Card
Finished card size: 5.5" x 4.25"
Summer is flying by so fast! I always think of the beach when I think of summertime, so I just had to use that theme to create my shaker card for you today. I couldn't resist this cute image of a little boy gathering treasures as he walked on the beach. I hope you like it.
Down by the Seaside Clear Stamp Set (Inkadinkado)
Cryogen White (Curious Metallics)
Pure Luxury Pure Ivory (Gina K Designs)
Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss (Gina K Designs)
Pure Luxury Soft Sand (Gina K Designs)
Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
Memento Desert Sand (Tsukineko)
Copic Alcohol Markers (.too corp.)
Sea Scape Impressabilities (Spellbinders)
Adhesives of Choice
Acetate cup that holds Jolee's Jewels (EK Success)
Cricut machine and Mini Monogram Cartridge (Provo Craft)
Die Cut Machine (Cuttlebug)
Craft Sand (Unknown)
Sea Shells (From Pacific Ocean)
- Cut and prepare the card and layers.
- Cut the Pure Luxury Ivory card stock at 5.5 " in the landscape orientation. (This will make two cards).
- Score and fold at 4.25". This will make a 5.5" x 4.25" card that will fit a standard A2 envelope.
- Cut base layer Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss at 5.25 " x 4".
- Your focal layer is cut at 5" x 3.75 ". Cut the circle that fits your shaker container on a Cricut Machine if you do not have a punch the correct size. I cut mine from Mini Monograms cartridge at 1.6 " (real size) and the scallop at 2 in. I find it easier to use the Gypsy. It is easier for me to dial in the actual desired size.
- I discovered that the container from my Jolee's Jewels was the perfect size for my shaker container. I trimmed it but made certain to leave an edge. I filled the container with some sea shells and craft sand. I wanted to avoid over-filling the container because I like a lot of shake rock and roll! I added zip dry paper glue to the edges and adhere some Chocolate Kiss scraps of paper (cut it so you will have enough to tape securely to the underside of your focal layer) . You will want to allow this to dry so the sand will be secure. Some people like double sided tape. I have used both.
- I stamped my sentiment and focal image with Memento Rich Cocoa. I inked my Impressabilities with Memento Desert Sand and ran it through my Cuttlebug.
- I placed my sand shaker cup through the hole in my focal layer and secured it well from the underside. I used extra adhesive to secure the layers because the shaker cup adds extra weight to the card.
- I adhered the layers of my card. I then used B000 and B2 Copic markers to add a "blip" of color. I applied Crystal Stickles sparingly to the waves in order to finish my card. This will be a card I will hand to the recipient or I will put in a Fed Ex box. It will not go through the mail. I hope you enjoyed it!