July 2011 Trail Map: Map Master’s View
Finished card size: 5.25" x 7.875"
When I saw the triangles on the sketch, I immediately thought of "road signs". So this month let's do a road trip.
Wavy paper (The Paper Studio)
Black card stock (C.S.)
Orange Paper (Scrap bin)
Jalopy die cut (Tim Holtz)
Die Cut Machine
Metal Sheets, Black and Copper (Spellbinders)
Double-sided tape (3M)
- Cut the wavy paper (it represents my Colorado mountain roads) to fit the basic black card.
- Cut the map into three sections and attach to black card stock. Then slice a couple black C.S. strips.
- Print road sign sayings and cut the triangles to point in the right directions. Back with black triangles slightly larger.
- Now for the Jalopy: Die cut the car from both the black metal sheet and one from the copper sheet.
- Glue the copper fenders, wheels, spare tire, and bumper to the black car body. Sand to highlight. Turn the car over and add clear plastic over the windows and the 3M tape for dimension. Assemble card.
- Here's four more ways to make the Jalopy, two of metal and two of chipboard.