Kid’s Cards: Cathy’s View
Hula Dog Happy Birthday
Finished card size: 5.5" x 4.25"
“Happy Birthday” (Papertrey Ink)
Blue, dark pink and yellow card stock (Bazzill)
Patterned Paper, Summer Days Collection (Echo Park)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Cricket Machine (Provo Craft)
Cricket Cartridge, Paisley (Provo Craft)
Die cutting machine (Grand Calibur, Spellbinders)
Scalloped Circle die (Spellbinders)Stars (My Favorite Things)
Yellow Felt (My Favorite Things)
Hibiscus Burst Ribbon (Papertrey Ink)
Copic Marker Black (.too)
Double Sided Tape (Viva Las Vegastamps)
Double Sided Adhesive (Scotch 3M)
Glue Stick (UHU)
Sticker Maker (Xyron)
No Wrinkle Liquid Glue (Elmers)
- Using the Paisley cartridge and the Cricket machine cut all the pieces for the hula hoop dog using different colors of Bazzill card stock. I also used some of the Echo Park patterned paper to cut the purple/pink shapes.
- Glue them together using glue stick, xyron adhesive or a combination of both.
- Cut a scalloped circle out of the dark pink card stock and mount dog onto circle.
- Make an A2 size, top folded card out of blue card stock. Adhere polka dot patterned paper to top of card.
- Using double sided tape, attach ribbon along seam of paper.
- Die cut stars out of yellow felt.
- Adhere scallop with dog onto left hand side of card and using a small amount of liquid glue, glue felt stars along right hand side. Draw the eye and nose on the dog with the black marker.
- Stamp “Happy Birthday” along bottom of card.
- Sign your card. Mine will be for my niece’s birthday.