June 2011 Trail Map: Map Master’s View
Finished card size: 5.25 x 7.5
Rather than my usual humorous and degrading cards, I decided to do a "Girlie" one. Do not give this for Fathers day!
Hugs (Hero Arts)
Black card stock (C.S.)
White card stock (C.S.)
Light green card stock (C.S.)
All (Petal point color box)
Heart punch (Marvy)
Branch border punch (Martha)
Bird corner punch (Martha)
Embossing Machine and Swirl embossing folder (Cuttlebug)
- Cut a 5" x 6.75" white C.S. and ink the edges with blue colors. Use the two punches as shown.
- Cut, emboss and ink two more sheets of C.S. One to fit on your basic card and one to go inside the bird border.
- Layer these as shown.
- Fold a strip of white C.S. and punch ten 'double petals' (Makes the five flowers).
- Cup the petals with the end of a small paint brush and ink the edges with blue colors.
- Dye cut some leaves from the light green C.S. and ink edges with dark green.
- Cut a pointed half circle, wrap it around a pencil, then pull it out. It makes those little curly thingys.
- Stamp "Hugs" on a square C.S. and mat with light green C.S. I computerized the "Thank You" to make it bigger.
- Assemble everything, intertwining and overlapping the flowers. Here is a lighter photo of the card.