Sympathy Cards: Cathy’s View
Finished card size: 5.5” x 4.25”
First, I want to say that this card was inspired by cards created by Joanna Wardle in the Oct 2010 issue of Craft Stamper. I thought the clean and simple style would be ideal for a sympathy card.
“With Sympathy” (Papertrey Ink)
Branch (Rubbernecker Stamps)
Solar White (Neenah)
Plum Pudding (Papertrey Ink)
Cryogen White (The Paper Temptress)
Distress Inks (Ranger) milled lavender, dusty concord and Victorian velvet
India Ink Black (Stewart Superior)
Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Post-it™ notes (3M Corporation)
Distress ink applicator (Ranger)
Embossing Folder “Swiss Dots” (Provocraft)
Ribbon Tag Trio Die (Spellbinders)
Die Cutting Machine
Silver Bordered Ribbon (The Paper Temptress)
1/8 inch double sided tape (Viva Las Vegastamps)
- UsePost-it™ notes to mask off a rectangle on the white paper.
- Using a distress ink applicator, color in the entire rectangle with the lightest of three shades of color. I used Milled Lavender.
- Then color in two thirds of the rectangle with the middle shade. Here I used Victorian Velvet.
- Finally, use the darkest shade (Dusty Concord), on the top third of the rectangle. You will be left with a nicely shaded area.
- Make card base from Cryogen white cardstock. This has a pretty shimmer.
- Cut a piece of Plum Pudding to 3.75 inches by 5 inches and run through die cut machine using the Swiss Dots embossing folder.
- Stamp branch on previously prepared rectangle. Trim this piece to fit on swiss dot piece.
- Stamp “with Sympathy” on scrap of white paper and die cut with ribbon tag trio die.
- Assemble card as shown, using double sided adhesive to attach ribbon.
- Be sure and sign your card.