Holiday Quickie: Last Minute Gift Ornament
It's Christmas Eve and you JUST remembered that you need a gift for the children's choir director at church before the 6 p.m. service. What to do? Make this quick ornament from supplies you KNOW you have in your stash and look well prepared.
Stamps and Ink: well, none, unless you want to stamp some of the elements
Figgy Pudding -or other two sided cardstock (Basic Grey)
Electronic Die Cutter (I use a Silhouette by QuickKutz)
Clear ornament (Hobby Lobby)
Flower Soft -Vintage Christmas (FlowerSoft.com)
Glitter (Sulyn Industries)
Ribbon (Big Lots)
- Select a design from your die cutter. (Or stamp an image from your collection.)
- Cut according to manufacturer's instructions from Basic Grey paper.
- Carefully roll the image around a pencil or the handle of the paper piercer and carefully slide into the ornament. (Remove the ornament top first.)
- Use the tweezers to open the image up.
- Funnel Flower Soft and glitter into the ornament to .25-.3 full. Use the tweezers to reset the image if needed. Replace top and tie ribbon to the hook.
- Give with a smile.
If you have more time, choose a more intricate design. If you have less time, fill with curling ribbon instead of an image. (You get creativity points for that.) If not using two sided paper, be sure to cut out a mirror image so that the ornament looks finished from all sides. Use microbeads instead of Flower Soft and glitter. Spray with a shimmering mist. The possibilities are endless--and sure to impress!
4 Responses »
Leave a Response