Holiday Quickies: Interchangable Bottle Cap Necklace
Finished size: 1" x 1"
Brigid Ashwood's Phunky Phairies Sheet 2 (Sweet Pea Stamps)
White Card Stock (Neenah)
Momento Ink Pad, Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Copic Markers (.Too)
Gel Pens (Sakura)
Scissors (EK Success)
1" Circle Punch (EK Success)
.125" Ribbon, Purple (Offray)
Satin Cord, 18" length Purple (Unknown)
Bottle Cap (Found Object)
Jump Ring (The Bead Smith)
Nylon Thread (Unknown)
Needle (The Bead Smith)
Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Industries)
Omni Stick (Hammer Head America)
Magnet Sheet (Found Object)
Glitter, Orange (Unknown)
Crystal Lacquer (Sakura)
- Prepare the bottle cap by sanding off any markings and wash.
- Fill the inside of the cap with Crystal Lacquer and cover with glitter, allow to cure for at least 24 hours.
- Stamp the images, punch out the faces, color using YR00, R00, E02 for the skin; E18, E25, E33,Y06, Y11, Y00, BG72, BG11, G0000 for the hair; use the gel pens to color the backgrounds.
- Apply a layer of Crystal Lacquer to each and allow to dry at least 24 hours.
- Adhere the thin ribbon around the bottle cap ridged edge with Omni Stick, leaving a .25" tail at the top.
- Sew the jump ring to the tail with the clear thread.
- Run the satin ribbon through the jump ring and knot at the end.
- Punch 1" circles from the magnet sheet, if there is a business label attach it may come loose - peel it away, otherwise leave it.
- Adhere the stamped images to the magnet circles, making sure that the blank side of the magnet is the side that will attach to the bottle cap.
- Enjoy sharing!
Leave a Response