Holiday Quickies: Mermaid Pin-Up Calendar
Finished size: 5" x 7"
ching-chou kuik's Lily Dream (Sweet Pea Stamps)
Card Stock, Gold (Unknown)
Perhaps, Aurora and Fiona (Basic Grey)
Card Stock, White (Neenah)
Text Weight Paper, White (Unknown)
Momento Ink Pad, Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Chalk Ink Pad, Merlot (ColorBox)
Copic Markers: (.Too)
Mat Board, Brown (Unknown)
2011 Calendar Printable Download (Crafty Secrets)
Mulberry Paper Flowers, Yellow and Orange (Prima Mkting)
Acrylic Rhinestones, Gold (BoBunny)
Glue Dots (Glue Dots Intl)
Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Industries)
.25" Double Sided Tape (Provo Craft)
Wire Edged 1.5" Ribbon, Brown (Unknown)
Crop-a-Dile (WeRMemory Keepers)
Paper Trimmer (Purple Cows)
Scissors (EK Success)
- Cut the Mat Board to 5" x 7" and Fiona printed paper to 4.75" x 6.75", adhering the printed paper to the mat board.
- Print out the calendar on the text weight paper and separate the months, adhere the calendar pages on a gold mat 2.5" x 2.75", leaving a .25" border at the top, using double sided tape.
- Fold the .25 top border over to cover the top of the calendar pages and adhere and mat the calendar on a piece of Aurora paper cut to 2.75" x 3" and ink the edges with Merlot.
- Stamp the image on white card stock, color the image with markers using C1, C3, C5 for the hair and eyes; YR00, R00, E02 for the skin, E33, E25, E18 for the top; YR09, Y06, Y02 for the flowers and G05, G07, G14 for the tail and neatly trim out.
- Adhere the stamped image to a gold mat inked with Merlot, measuring 2.75" x 4", use glue dots behind the flowers for added dimension.
- Cut a mat from the Fiona paper, ink the edges and mat the stamped image, slightly offsetting.
- Adhere the matted image to the upper area of the mat board about .5" from the top, the calendar to the lower area .5" from the bottom and centering both side to side.
- Embellish with mulberry paper flowers that are layered two or three flowers deep and add rhinestone centers to the flowers.
- Punch holes in both upper corners of the mat board.
- Tie a bow in the center of the ribbon, run tails through the holes and tie off in the back.
- Enjoy sharing!
1 Responses »
Leave a Response