Holiday Blizzard 2010: Noel Banner
Finished Size: Pennant - 4" x 6"
Finished Size: Total Banner - 36" x 6"
Dots (Queen Kat Designs)
Vintage Christmas (Close To My Heart)
Adirondack Dye Ink: (Ranger Industries)
Bazzill Bling Cardstock (Bazzill)
Mica D'Lights (USArtQuest)
Adirondack Acrylic Dabbers: (Ranger Industries)
Hot Glue Gun
Glossy Accents (Ranger Industries)
Stickles Glitter Glue - Crystal (Ranger Industries)
Nestabilities Circle & Scallop Circle Dies (Spellbinders)
Die Cut Machine
- Trace and cut out 6 pennant shapes from a medium weight chipboard (ex: cereal box).
- Paint one side of the chipboard white and let dry.
- While your pennants are drying, cut letters: N, O, E, L from chipboard.
- Paint N and E with Cranberry acrylic paint and O & L using Lettuce acrylic paint.
- Apply a thin layer of Glossy Accents to each letter and sprinkle with corresponding color of Mica D'Lights. Set aside and let them dry completely.
- Punch a hole on each side of the pennant in the scallop area.
- Stamp dot pattern on each pennant ~ 3 using Lettuce color ink and 3 with Cranberry color ink.
- Paint the scallop top portion of each pennant with acrylic paint - three with Cranberry and three with Lettuce.
- Apply a thin layer of Glossy Accents over the scallop areas of each pennant and sprinkle with Mica D'Lights in corresponding colors. Set aside to dry completely.
- Create rosettes by cutting eight 1.75" x 12" strips of cardstock.
- Crease each strip of cardstock every .5" the entire length of the strip.
- Fold the strips to create a mini accordion. Glue two folded strips together on both ends forming a fan folded circle.
- Push the folds on the top of the fan folded circle towards the center. This will form the rosette. Affix this rosette to a scrap of paper using hot glue.
- Apply Crystal Stickles Glitter Glue to the ridges of each rosette.
- Die-cut four medium size and two large circles from the white Bazzill Bling Cardstock.
- Die-cut two medium and one large scallop circles from the Green Bazzill Bling Cardstock and two medium and one large scallop circle from the Red Bazzill Bling Cardstock.
- Affix all of the die-cut white circles to the medium and large scallops.
- Glue each letter to one of the die-cut circles. Make sure you glue red letters to green circles and green letters to red circles.
- Use hot glue to affix the letters to each rosette. Glue the rosettes to the pennants ~ red to green and green to red.
- Hot glue a strip of lace to each pennant under the area where you applied the Mica D'Lights.
- Stamp the vintage Santa image using Cranberry Ink on the large green scallop circle. Stamp the vintage Christmas tree using Lettuce ink on the large red scallop circle.
- Affix the image circles to the last two pennants.
- String all of the pennants onto red and green ribbon.
- Tie a small bow at the end of the ribbon on each side and hang.
Tagged as: Christmas banner, Christmas pennant, Close to My Heart, holiday project, Home Decor, magazine, Noel banner, online magazine, online rubber stamping magazine, Queen Kat Designs, Roni Johnson, rubber stamped holiday project, rubber stamped home decor, rubber stamped wall hanging, rubber stamping, rubber stamping ezine, rubber stamping magazine, rubber stamping project, rubber stamps, Stamper's Quest ezine, Stampers Quest, Stampers Quest magazine, stamping, stamps