ATC Transformers: Foiled Beauty
Finished card size: 4.25" x 5.5"
I just love, love, love creating Artist Trading Cards, also known as ATCs. They are a passion of mine. For me they are just the right size for sharing my artwork with lots of people.
ATC Background Stamp ( Another Stamp Company)
White scrap paper (like typing paper)
White card stock
Black card stock
Brownish Yellow card made from a sheet of 8.5" x 11" card stock
Black acrylic paint (Ranger Industries)
Distress ink pads: (Ranger Industries)
Copper Embossing Powder (Ranger Industries)
Queen's Gold Embossing Powder (Ranger Industries)
Designer Dries Clear Adhesive (Art Institute)
Heat-It Craft tool (Ranger Industries)
Cuttle Bug Machine and Template (Provo Craft)
Sponge cut into smaller pieces
Paper Towel or Rag
- Run foil tape through Cuttlebug machine using template and following manufacturer's directions.
- Apply black acrylic paint to foil square. Wait a minute or two then remove excess paint with paper towel or rag. If you take too much off just repeat the process until you get the look you want. Set aside for use later.
- Stamp image on scrap paper using Vintage Photo.
- Using a piece of sponge pick up some ink from the Mustard Seed Pad and rub here and there onto stamped image. Repeat with Shabby Shutters stamp pad and a new piece of sponge.
- Cut a piece of white card stock 2.5" x 3.5" the standard size for an ATC.
- With pieces of sponge apply Wild honey and Scattered Straw randomly onto card stock.
- Rip up the stamped piece of scrap paper and attach to 2.5" x 3.5" card stock using the clear adhesive.
- Using your two fingers, sprinkle pinches of Queen's Gold and Copper embossing powder all over the piece you just created.
- Melt powders with the craft tool being careful to start off holding the tool up high above the powders because there is nothing for these powders to adhere to and they will easily blow off before they are melted.
- Repeat this same process on the card.
- Cut a piece of black card stock just a bit bigger than the foil square.
- Glue foil square to black card stock using designer glue. (Do not remove backing from foil or you will lose part of your embossed image.)
- Cut a piece of black card stock just a bit bigger than the ATC .
- Attach ATC to black card stock .
- Now assemble pieces to create card.
Ta Da....ATC Transformed into a card. Don't forget to sign your work.
Here are a few ATCs I have created for swaps, for friends or just to be able to create when my muse says "NOW!"
3 Responses »
Leave a Response