Reflections: Swans on the lake
Finished size card: 4.25" x 5.50"
Swans (I Love Rubber Stamps)
White scrap for swans (Unknown)
Iridescent white paper 4” x 5.25” (Unknown)
Blue glossy cardstock 4.25” x 11” (Unknown)
Graphite Black (Brilliance)
Ice Blue (Colorbox)
Yellow pen (Sailor)
Copic Pens: (.too)
Nestabilities Petite Ovals Small (Spellbinders)
Self stick notepad
1” circle punch (Fiskar)
Heavenly Hues Glitter (DecoArt)
Micro Pearl (Jacquard Products)
Blue chalk (Decorating Chalks)
Cloud Stencil (Magic Scrapbook)
Blue pearls (Basics)
Blue Bow (Unknown)
- Stamp swans on cardstock.
- Using the largest oval die-cut, cut out swans.
- Mask the swans heads using a self-stick notepad sheet. Punch out a 1” circle on a self-stick notepad sheet. Note: There are 2 different ways to do masking. The first is to stamp on a self-stick paper and cut out the portion of the swan that needs to be covered so that you can color over your design without coloring the swans. The second mask is punching out a design and using the punched out portion of paper such as the circle to make a sun behind the swans.
- Color the sun, remove the cut out sun mask. Cover the colored sun with the circle and add blue chalk for the sky with the cloud stencil and color water around swans. One swan was colored grey while the other swan was painted with Micro Pearl powder and water. Once dry, both swans were painted with Heavenly Hues liquid glitter.
- Color reflection and rub blue ink around the edge of the oval paper. Run the iridescent paper through the cuttlebug, fold blue cardstock in half and layer paper using pop dots between the swan and iridescent paper. Add pearls and bow.