Weird Holidays: Over the Rainbow Day
The Wizard of Oz is one of my favorite movies. May 15th is not only "Over the Rainbow Day," but is also Frank L. Baum's birthday. What better way to celebrate both with this cute card.
finished card size: 4.25" x 5.5"
Greetings (Emerald City Stamps)
Brick Road, Four Friends (All night Media)
White Card Stock (unknown)
Glossy White Card Stock (Ranger Industries )
Yellow Card Stock (Unknown)
Sepia Archival Pad (Ranger Industries)
Nick Bantock Series: (Ranger Industries)
Adirondack Pigment Pens (Ranger Industries)
Butterscotch Translucent Glass Mini Micro Beads (Pennywise Arts)
Clear Adhesive (Art Institute)
Craft Sheet (Ranger)
Water Brush (Unknown)
- Fold a piece of 4.5" x 11" white card stock in half to create a card.
- Cut a piece of green card stock and a piece of white card stock to use as layers.
- Outline edge of white trimmed card stock with pesto pen.
- Attach these two layers to card.
- Stamp Brick road on yellow card stock, using sepia ink.
- When dry, coat one side of road with glue and immediately apply beads. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp friends image and greetings image onto glossy card stock using sepia ink and sapmoss green ink.
- Using the pigment pens, scribble patches of color onto craft sheet. Pick up ink with a water brush and apply to friends stamped image.
- When dry, tear greetings image and friends image and outline edges with pesto pen. Curl up edges a bit by using your fingers.
- Attach these two pieces to card along with yellow brick road. Now you have a one of a kind card to celebrate Over The Rainbow Day.
Don't forget to sign your masterpiece.
1 Responses »
Leave a Response