Folded Brag book
This is not a card as such but a lovely gift. I received one of these from my wonderful friend Denice in Australia a year or two back. Now I have decided to make one with pictures of one of the beautiful girls I look after. I will give it to her Mum. (Done - she loved it)
It was pretty simple to make "the bones" of the album but I found myself wanting to add more and more layers.... so I did. First, collect your pictures and make sure that the parts that you will use are smaller than 3.5" x 3.5". So it's a good way to use up snapshots. Choose some double-sided designer papers to coordinate with your photos, a couple of other embellishments and begin.
Please excuse the photos of two different projects. The first ones I took were too dark so I was forced to make another (Oh how terrible!). This second one is for the neighbour's baby who was due two days ago. I will leave it pretty simple with mats for square photos so they can add them when they are ready.
Finished size: 4" x 4"
Clipboard bracket (Stampendous)
Crimson RedVersafine (Tsukineko)
Majestic Blue Versafine (Tsukineko)
1 x St Valentine, Lovestruck 12" x 12" (Kaisercraft)
2 x Sweetheart, Lovestruck 12" x 12" (Kaisercraft)
1 x Cupid, Lovestruck 12" x 12" (Kaisercraft)
2 x Red plain cardstock 8.5" x 11"
2 x Blue plain cardstock 8.5" x 11"
White cardstock to stamp on
Die-cutting System - Cuttlebug (Provocraft) [optional]
Cutting Dies - Stars, Classic Hearts and Scollop Hearts, Squares, Circles and Labels 2 -(Spellbinders) [All optional]
Cutting tools - Paper trimmer, Scissors, Corner rounder.
Adhesives - Double sided tape, gluestick.
Pens - White gel pen, White 'souffle' pen (Sakura), Coloured pens for journalling (Stabilo point 88)
Embossing powders, heatgun. [optional]
Colour drops, gemstones or pearls (Kaisercraft)
- Cut three 8" x 8" squares from the designer papers. (Don't forget to check the back patterns.)
- Choose which paper will go in the centre of the book. place with the right side up and score at 4". Rotate 90°. Score again at 4".
- Flip the paper so the right side faces down. Rotate 45° and place opposite corners on the 6" line. Score from one corner to the opposite.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the other two papers but start right side down for the vertical/horizontal lines and right side up for the diagonal.
- Fold the papers with the 'bump' side in.
- Tape or glue the pieces together as shown in the picture.
- Cut two squares of plain cardstock slightly larger than 4" x 4" for the front covers.
- Attach the front covers to the book.
- From the remaining designer paper and coloured cardstock, cut some squares 3.5" x 3.5" and 3.0" x 3.0" to decorate the cover and inside the book.
- Use the versamark ink to stamp the flourishes on to the plain cardstock. (Clear emboss if you like)
- Make some Heart and star embellishments using the spellbinders dies.
- Use some of the Spellbinders die shapes to cut the photos and mats.
- Journal around the outside of the photos using white gel pen.
- To get more large surfaces for photos I cut four squares 3.5" x 3.5" and attached them to one side of the triangle folds. (As shown in the picture). It makes it slightly trickier to close but once you get the hang of it, it's kind of fun to do. Make sure that on each side one square is attached on the LHS and one is attached ont the RHS.
- Attach the extra squares - make sure none of the adhesive crosses over the diagonal. I did some secret journaling on the underside that was not glued.
- Stamp the journaling stamps onto the white cardstock using versafine ink. Trim close to the image. Cut the corners with the corner rounder. Write your journaling with coloured pens and add chalk to your liking.
- This is how I made mine, now I would love to see yours!