Asian screen/shape card
Asian Screen Card
Finished card size: 10.5" x 3.5"
Cherry Blossom Branch, Bamboo ( All Night Media Japanese stamp kit)
Kettle, Cup, Can of tea ( Inka stamps)
Small Asian alphabet (Bunch Of Fun)
Cougar White ( Marco's Paper)
Asian specialty paper (The Paper Place)
Adirondack Earthtones Dye Ink-Lettuce
Fiskars Paper Trimmer
Blue gel pen(any brand)
Blue and gold Mizuhiki cord, pre-formed green and gold knot (The Paper Place)
Teapot and teabag charms
Marvy chisel-point glue pen
- Using a white piece of 8.5" x 11" cardstock, trim .5" from short side to make it 10.5" long.
- Score long side at 3.5" and 7", and fold it, to make 1 mountain and 1 valley fold.
- With a pencil, mark and cut .5" in from the long side edges, and down from the top and bottom edges. Cut through all 3 layers as shown.
- Mark .5" margins as shown, cut out these 2 resulting central squares ON THE FIRST TWO LAYERS OF THE FOLDED CARD ONLY!!
- Stamp these 2 cutout panel edges with the cherry blossom branch and bamboo stamps.
- Using the cutout piece from the panels, use it as a template to cut 4 slightly larger pieces from specialty paper.
- Glue these pieces in place behind the openings in the panels.
- Glue wrong sides of panels together-- card is now in bifold form, instead of trifold.
- Stamp words, kettle and tea can, then stamp the cup twice.
- Use sponge wedge and lettuce ink to complete and soften the harshness of the white cardstock. Colour cherry blossom flowers using the blue gel pen.
- Cut 4 pieces each of blue and gold mizuhiki cord, approximately 2-2.5" each, arrange as shown, and glue in place.
- Glue teapot and teabag charms over raw edges of cord. Finally, glue the pre-formed mizuhiki knot in place.