Special folds – All my love gate card
This is a nice easy fold which gives stunning results (and takes lots of room on the mantle piece). It is made from a half sheet of 12" x 12" cardstock and decorated with designer paper, diecuts and stamps.
Seasons of Love - Tags (Waltzingmouse stamps)
Very Vintage Labels No.4 (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Blessed by You (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Black Cardstock - 12" x 12"
White cardstock - 8.5" x 11"
Designer paper - Sakura park, Kanzan (Kaisercraft)
Designer paper - Sakura Park, Hana (Kaisercraft)
Designer paper - Sakura Park, Ukon (Kaisercraft)
Onyx Black, Versafine (Tsukineko)
Worn Lipstick, Fired Brick Distress Ink (Ranger)
Score-pal and Scor-mat
Steel Edged ruler
Paper trimmer (optional)
Cutting dies Classic Hearts(Spellbinders)
Cutting dies Scollop Hearts (Spellbinders)
Cutting dies Labels 4 (Spellbinders)
Die Cut machine - Cuttlebug (Provocraft)
Cut'n'dry foam (Ranger)
Double sided tape
Co-ordinating Ribbon (with optional beads)
- Cut the cardstock to 6" x 12".
- Place on to the Scor-pal - right side up. Score at 2" and 10".
- Flip so that the wrong side is facing up. Score at 4" and 8".
- Fold the card so that the 'bump' of the score line is folded in.
- Cut the Kanzan Paper so that you have two pieces 5.75" x 1.75" (These go on the front cover). If you want to have a matching pattern on the front when it is closed, have one piece cut at 5.75" x 3.75. Then trim a strip 1.75" off each side (leaving a 0.5" strip taken from the centre).
- Cut the Ukon paper so that you have two pieces 5.75" x 1.75" (These goe on the inside folds).
- Cut the Hana paper so that you have one piece 5.75" x 3.75" (This goes in the back).
- Attach all of the papers to the card using double sided tape.
- On the white cardstock, stamp the "All my love..." sentiment from 'Seasons of love - tags' with black Versafine and heat emboss with clear powder.
- Stamp the two frames from the 'very vintage labels No.4' with black versafine ink and heat empboss with clear powder. HINT: leaving enough room around each image for the cutting dies.
- Use 'labels four' cutting die to cut and emboss the two frames.
- Use the next size up die to cut another label from the black left over cardstock.
- Use 'Classic Heart' to cut out the sentiment - keep cardstock in the die. Sponge some red and pink ink inside the heart die with the cut'n'dry foam so that the colours match the designer paper.
- Cut a 'Scallop heart' from the black cardstock to fit under the first heart.
- Layer the three layers of labels together with double sided tape and attach to the inside of the card. This is where you will write your message.
- Layer the two heart die-cuts with double sided tape. Attach on the right-hand-side with double sided tape.
- Decorate the back panel of the card with an image and write your message on the inside flaps for a card that is a little more private.
- If you have no die cutting machine you could decorate the front with a chipboard monogram letter. (Placing it on the bottom right corner gives the eye a grounding point for visual stability) and place an image or message on the inside.
- Score the card upside-down and then fold so that the large area is at the front and the two flaps go to the back . A message can be placed in the back of the card.
- Make a pretty band to hold the card closed.