Travel Postcard for the Discoverer
By: Chris M. Herrmann, Artistic Guide
Finished card size: 3.75" x 5"
Post card (River City)
Script (Hero Arts)
Lily Pad Postage Stamp (Another Stamp Company)
Canceled postage lines (Stampa Rosa)
Assorted postage marks (unknown)
1 piece matt card stock
Sepia Ink Pad (Ranger Industries)
Distress ink pads - (Ranger Industries)
Nick Bantock Collection - (Ranger Industries)
Jet Black Archival Ink Pad (Ranger Industries)
Adirondack pens: Pesto, Butterscotch, and Stonewashed (Ranger Industries)
Paper cutter of choice
Small sponge cut into several pieces
- Stamp Post Card image onto card stock with Sepia Ink Pad.
- In the upper right corner, stamp large postage stamp in black ink. Stamp over image with canceled postage lines in Sepia. Add color with pens.
- Stamp script to left with Cerulean Azure.
- Add assorted postage randomly on page moving stamp a bit while stamping, to give a double stamped or blurred look.
- Starting with Tea Dye ink on a sponge and eventually changing to Vintage photo, add color starting at the edges, working towards center.
- Wasn't that easy? I make these and use them as book marks. Don't forget to sign your work.