Sonoran Sunset for the Discoverer
By: Chris M. Herrmann, Artistic Artist Guide
Finished card size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Did you ever work on a card and when adding your finishing touches mess something up? Well that's exactly what I did on this card. I decided it needed a little something else added to it so I stamped "Happy Birthday" at the bottom. A line of black ink appeared above the stamped image. That was unacceptable, and fortunately almost anything is fixable. A simple cut here and there of extra green and black card stock and I was able to save the day.
Cactus stamp (Another Stamp Company)
Happy Birthday (Another Stamp Company)
Kokopelli stamp (Another Stamp Company)
Dark Olive textured card stock, 81/2" x 11" folded in half at the 4 1/4" mark
Scrap pieces of, at least 2"x4":
White matte cardstock
Bright Orange cardstock
Pitch Black Pigment ink pad ( Ranger )
Clear Embossing ink pad (Ranger )
Adirondack pigment ink pads: (Ranger)
Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger )
Clear drying glue (Art Glitter)
Sun embellishment (Unknown)
HeatIt embossing tool (Ranger)
Craft sheet (Ranger)
- Stamp images on white matte scrap using clear embossing ink.
- Cover with clear embossing powder, returning excess powder to container.
- Heat with embossing tool.
- Place stamped images on craft sheet. Using direct to paper technique start applying inks to images.
- Cut black and orange scraps of card stock to border stamped images
- Layer and attach with glue.
- Position and attach to card.
- Stamp happy birthday to small scrap of olive cardstock. Cut black cardstock to border stamped image,layer and attach with glue. Adhere to bottom of card.
- Attach sun to top right of card and Viola!!!! Congratulations you have created a masterpiece. Don't forget to sign the back of your card.
3 Responses »
Leave a Response