Holiday Blizzard – Shelly Newkirk’s Christmas Card Challenge
Christmas Card Challenge: Card 3
By: Shelly Newkirk, Artistic Guide
Finished Card Size: A2 or 5.5" x 4.25"
Merry Christmas (Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers)
Versa Mark (Tsukineko)
Vintage Green dye ink (Vivid )
White card stock card base - A2 (Georgia Pacific)
Debbie Mumm Holiday Mat Stack (DCWV)
Glitter mat stack - green - (unknown)
Dark green card stock (unknown)
Small snowflake punch (unknown)
Crafters Pick Ultimate Glue
Vellum tape (unknown)
- Glue Red Snowflake and Glittery paper to card base and trim off excess.
- Dust vellum with Baby Powder (or an anti-static bag) and stamp with VersaMark, sprinkle on Embossing Powder and melt with heat gun.
- Cut Vellum to desired width, sponge all edges with Dark Green ink.
- Apply Vellum tape to Vellum and attach according to the above picture.
- Cut Penguin paper to desired width, layer on Dark Green cardstock and trim to desired edge width.
- Glue Penguin layers to Green Glitter paper. Trim to desired width, then glue to right side of card as shown in picture.
- Punch out Green Glitter Snowflakes and glue randomly on Vellum around stamped greeting.
Basic stamping tips:
Stamping and heat embossing on Vellum ideas:
Preheat your heat gun. Lay Vellum on preheated aluminum foil to reflect heat.
The faster you heat your Embossing Powder, the less the heat will distort your Vellum.
2 Responses »
Leave a Response